Oct 12, 2011

Keyboards.....

I was perusing this article about things that have fallen away from the mainstream in computer technology....

I am one of those old keyboard folks. I am typing this on an Apple Keyboard attached via BlueTooth to an iMac, BUT at work I use an IBM Model "M" keyboard. The clunky, clicky keys just "do it" for me. I actually feel like I am accomplishing something and the positive feedback. The one I use has a born on date of July 5 1996. It's been apart several times and cleaned in a dishwasher. I have several other ones that serve as backup and parts repositories. The point is that they may not be efficient or "new" but they work reliably...

And being reliable is what IT is all about.


(Note: I originally wrote this several months ago and found it languishing in the "DRAFTS" folder)

No comments:

Post a Comment